See your film on the big screen

Want to showcase your talents to the world (well at least everyone here in Queenstown) and be in to win some great prizes? Start filming now!

THrough the lens: Giro Summer SESSIONS Short film competition

The recipe for 2017 remains the same and entrants are reminded to consider the following when planning your edits.

  • Submissions must be at least 3 and no more than 7 minutes in length
  • At least 1 minute of submissions must be non riding footage 
  • All films must include Through the Lens Winter Sessions title screens in the first 20s of footage
  • Submissions must also include a 15 - 20s preview/trailer
  • Not necessarily a rule, but all the good films tell a story(!)

Through the lens: Giro Summer Sessions - Skyline MTB Photo Showdown

We're keeping it simple for this one. If you can access if from the Skyline Gondola it's all fair game! Let's see what you've got...

REGISTER your entry FOR through the lens: giro summer SESSIONS (FILM & PHOTO)

Registrations are now open! Enter your details below to collect the required title screens and entry details. 

Name *
Name
I'm entering a: *
I accept the Terms & Conditions *

Terms & Conditions

 

Submissions

  • Submissions are accepted in digital form via WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com), USB submission (please contact us) or email us at info@throughthelensfilm.com (images)
  • All films must be between 3 and 7 minutes and include at least 1 minute of non-riding footage
  • All films must include the Through the Lens titles and Giro Summer Sessions logo in the first 20s of footage
  • Maximum submission size 1GB
  • All video entries must include a 10 – 20s preview/trailer
  • Photo Showdown images must be submitted in jpeg format

 

Judges

  • A panel of judges will score 40% of the final vote with the remaining 60% being determined by audience vote on the night

 

Judging Criteria

  • Contest judges will base their decision on a mix of technicality, composition, creativity, stoke, artistic flair and overall qualities of submission excellence

 

 Entries

  • There is no entry fee and the contest is ‘open submission’
  • By entering this competition you agree to the following Terms and Conditions
  • Submissions open August 1st 2016 and close August 22nd 2016
  • Films/images must fit within the theme of action and/or adventure sports
  • The winning entry will be chosen by a mix of judge and audience vote on August 23rd 2016
  • All decisions by Through the Lens judges are final
  • To enter, entrants must provide their full name, current and valid email address, a short trailer and film description
  • Copyrighted, obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Judges retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content
  • Organisers accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition
  • Entrants confirm that each entry is their own
  • Entrants confirm that each individual whose footage/image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to obtain such consent may result in disqualification
  • Where an individual whose footage is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent

 

Warranties, Representation and Copyright

  • All footage submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. By submitting an image, the filmer represents and warrants that such submission does not infringe any third-party rights or other rights protested by law
  • Copyright for all films/images submitted for this Competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to organisers to feature any or all of the submitted footage in any promotion relating to this competition

 

Miscellaneous

  • Entrants agree that personal data entered during registration, including name, mailing address, phone number and email address may be processed, stored, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of this Contest. Entrants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held in connection with the Contest by writing to the organiser at the address listed below
  • Organisers reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control
  • The winner consents to their name and photo being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion

 

The ‘Organiser’ is James Mulcahy of Playground Productions